GEOFF STEVENS MEMORIAL POETRY PRIZE 2018 IS NOW OPEN
Geoff Stevens was born at West Bromwich 4th June 1942. He worked as an industrial chemist until 1995.
In 1976 he launched his own poetry magazine, Purple Patch, a successful and long-running magazine, called 'a national treasure' by The Guardian, which closed with his death in February 2012.
Geoff was also a successful poet in his own right being published in many magazines both in UK and overseas. We were lucky enough to be his friend and publisher, his last Indigo publication, Sleeping With You, being published just one month before he died. He saw it, he loved it, and wrote: "I’m glad that Indigo Dreams is so busy – it means the UK’s best poetry publisher is being successful." Totally over the top, but hey, who cares?
A great lover of poetry, a great man to know. We will keep his name alive as long as Indigo Dreams continues to exist.
Geoff Stevens 04/06/1942 - 02/02/2012
CLICK HERE TO SEE PREVIOUS WINNERS
GEOFF STEVENS MEMORIAL POETRY PRIZE 2018
•Two winners will have a 52 page poetry collection published and receive 20 copies
•Submission: 15 poems up to 36 lines inc breaks
•Entry Fee: £15 per block of poems
•Closing Date: 31st January 2019
1. Please send one poem per sheet and submission as one document (if email). Poems must be your own work.
2. Entries are judged anonymously so poems must not bear any identifying marks.
3. Submitted poems may have been published online, in anthology or magazines but not as a complete collection.
4. ONLINE ENTRIES: Email address email@example.com ONLY.
Send one email with name, address, collection title and PayPal transaction number. Subject heading ‘Geoff Stevens’. Send one subsequent email with same subject heading, collection title and poems as attachment. Send as Word Document or Rich Test File. NO PDF.
5. PRINT ENTRIES: Send collection title and poems in one envelope. Include a separate sealed envelope with name, address, collection title so that anonymity is maintained. Give PayPal transaction number or enclose cheque payable to ‘IDP’. Include postcard/sae if acknowledgement required and further sae for results. Submit to address below.
6. Winning collections will be up to 52 pages in length and published June 2019.
7. More than one entry may be submitted provided it is accompanied by the correct entry fee.
8. All entries will be treated as copies and cannot be returned.
9. By submitting to this competition you are agreeing to details of winners / short and longlisted entrants to be displayed on this website, social media and elsewhere.
10. See below for Payment and email links
Geoff Stevens Memorial Poetry Prize 2018,
Indigo Dreams Publishing,
24 Forest Houses,
TO EMAIL YOUR ENTRY OR SEND ANY QUERY.
CLICK TO SUBMIT
ONE, TWO OR THREE ENTRIES